Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jenni does not look very happy with her gift but I will have ot check with her enjoy the video!

I want to wish everyone a HAPPY DAY today- not because it is called Valentine's Day but as a day to remember those we hold dear. This day holds different meaning for everyone facing “that day”… it can be a downright miserable time. When I was very young in my grade school years we would pass out cards to all the other children for some reason I don’t have fond memories of that time. I would come home year after year disappointed. Maybe because there would be so much hype build up around this time of year, did I get that card from that child, or that other child… as a child I felt the pressure … it continued through to marriage. Now as a married person, I must say it is nice to walk into a room and be surprised by a gift of a bouquet of flowers. However, for most of the population, it is rough so my proposal is rather than looking at Valentine’s Day as a “day for lovers” why can’t we look at this day as a special day set aside to remember all loved ones. The people we hold dear to our hearts and minds deserve to be loved and adored. We go through life forgetting to pat our family members on the back for a job well done, or not hugging our elderly parents, or forgetting to show those, we hold so dear affection. Well Valentine’s Day should be that day: a special day with no ties to “God” or thanksgiving but a day that we remember to show the people we love attention and to bask in the warm glow that true caring can bring.

No comments: