Monday, November 1, 2010

The first part of our trip to Rome


We have returned from our holiday in Italy. Gary and I spent seven days exploring Rome, Florence, and finishing up in Venice. I have loaded up the first batch of pictures and processed them into a video to watch. As the Italians say “Roma” is one busy city everyone seems to live in apartments I couldn’t see any homes in or around the city. The ancient relics, statues, buildings, and much more are over whelming – it made me wonder who has walked on these stones how they built these structures. The art work the fountains so much to see and so little time you want to see everything, there was a great deal of walking, my cane helped an enormous amount along with my support hose boy I am getting old. The plane ride over was great we arrived early I was able to lie down across five empty seats and the Danish in the morning hit the spot. We then met up with our tour group Globus- 40 other people joined us, after a very short nap and a long meeting we walked through the streets to a cute little place where we enjoyed a six course dinner along with a man playing “It’s Amora” on a small keyboard! We started at the Arco de Constantino, the tour people took a group picture but we didn’t purchase the picture. The others on the tour are nice people but the chance I will ever see those people again is nil.

No comments: