Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Four Years- Mom

I'm writing this blog on April 19th which is several days after when I should have posted. I waited to post because April 16th is a very difficult day for me. We are coming well, to an anniversary, it has been four years since Mother died even saying the words seem unreal it's hard to believe that she has been dead for four years it seems like it's been a life time. Although it also feels that she just hugged me and walked out the door. The last memorable day Mom and I had together was when we went out for a ride. As a rememberance I spent last Friday driving out to Eders getting ice cream that had been the last thing I was able to do with Mom before she became confined to bed. We had gone out on a beautiful sunny spring day to Eders and she ordered strawberry ice cream despite all her protest of I can't eat it I'll never finish it or I'm not hungry she was able to eat every bite of the ice cream.
We had a wonderful drive in the country after that day she became very ill and needed to be in a hospital bed. I didn't want this time of year to go by without mentioning that I miss you Mom more than I can express and that I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She will always be missed! Thanks for sharing this memory, Aunt Karen.