Thursday, December 6, 2012

RELAXATION

I have recently realized, after about 27 years, that I can no longer become completely relaxed. Following my accident and due to my dependence on medication that restricts my ability to enjoy a cocktail or exercise to the point of releasing endorphins. I am always on edge on a scale of 1-10 ten being the worst pain you have ever felt, I am living between a 5 on a good day and 7 ½ to 10 varying on my pain threshold on any given day. I am like a car idling at a stop sign I never ever completely relax ever, it is very difficult. I don't know why I didn't think about this before but imagine never being able to relax what would this do to a person's body. Experts say the having a chronic illness will take ten years off your life span. I just want to unwind – rest - be calm - become slack - just melt into a chair, close my eyes and just let go but I can’t because I have CHRONIC PAIN.

No comments: