Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Long Lost Summer


Yes that was me! Jenni was talking about how every day her calendar is filled up with parties or activities keeping her busy. It makes me remember the summer I met Gary. I was busy working but I tried playing soft ball, tennis, and a few trips away. The famous trip to the shore with Jeff(my brother) to visit Mary Ann who was working as a waitress in Wildwood I believe. A funny thing happened...I had just moved into the Stopper Apartments and the AT&T telephone man was there to connect my phone...at the same time Gary called...phone guy answered it & handed me the phone...I said I am going away to the shore for the weekend. Gary's conclusion was that I was going to the shore with an unscrupulous man for the week end.
It was really very flattering.. I don't remember much about the weekend except meeting Mary Ann's Irish Friends! I came home that weekend and spent most of my time off watching young men play Slow Pitch Softball and one specific first base player.

No comments: