Saturday, October 24, 2009

The beautiful majesty of our streets

I was up early today…what am I saying I got up at 11:30am because I had to take Dad his lunch today. An Arby’s sandwiches Roast Turkey with Swiss cheese hold the dressing because he wanted to add his own butter and mayo. When I arrived at his apartment, he was wearing his nightshirt…his over sized T-shirt and a robe was his outfit. It was OK I am used to what Dad wears. The manager asked if he was OK and if he wanted lunch brought to his room but with no bottoms to speak of we went with a hardy “no” as our response. Gary had purchased the sandwich for me and I delivered it to Dad. He said he was not feeling well but he did eat ½ the sandwich. Mom always talked about not feeling well but stopped eating, I am very glad he still has an appetite. At 4pm, I returned to Dad’s apartment and brought him to my house to watch the Penn State game…GO PENN STATE. When last they beat Michigan at Michigan Gary had just recovered from a coma. He laid in an ER for over 5 hours while doctor’s attempted to diagnosis his inability to stay awake. To this day he has no idea what it was like sitting there wondering WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH HIM but to cut the story down he woke up and proceeded to be driven by friends to the Penn State vs. Michigan in which they won. The streets are lined with the most magnificent colors of fall it is enough to astound you. I hope to add some pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

dontknow said...

our leaves are past peak

Unknown said...

I would love to see your leaf pictures!! Go Penn State!!