Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just a thought

Getting something for nothing was the theme of a TV show I was watching and it inspirited me to do some thinking. A thief after working a deal with the FBI lands on his feet wearing designer clothes, living in a 10 million dollar apartment with a young art student and her Grandmother. Now the deal is legitimate, and while shopping in a thrift store he meets a grandmother who after meeting him offers her late husband’s clothes and a room to rent. The FBI character response was- this is not fair… “I work hard and don’t have what you have …because I am not suppose to”!
My question is who determines what you, are to get out of life? The FBI agent does have a modest home, a beautiful wife but the designer clothes, living in a 10 million dollar apartment with a young art student are a huge step up, and he is envious. Does the thief deserve it? The thief has spent the last 4 years in jail, his girl left him, and he was following the rules set out by the FBI. The thief was told if he could find a nicer apartment for 700 dollars, he could move and if he needed to shop it was to be in a thrift shop, which he did. The facts: meeting the grandmother, getting the clothes along with all the other amenities does seem unfair but is it.
I would love to have comfortable designer clothes, have maid service, breakfast served to me like a hotel every day with a gorgeous view of NYC…wow…do I deserve it…hell yes I am a very nice person. How do I get it: follow “The Secret”, work very hard, or go to a thrift shop in NY…I really don’t know but the question of whether I deserve it is answered in my mind but the probability of anything close to that happening is slim to none.

No comments: