Sunday, March 21, 2010

A fun week-end

I was somewhat leery of driving down to New Jersey because of the "muscles" I would use.... WHAT the hell am I talking about muscles unfortunately that is my life. Wondering what is going to cause me pain and then planning my day around avoiding this pain is a daily ritual. The actual muscles you use in the “activities of daily living” is something most people don't contemplate on a daily basis but when I am planning a trip they are “#1” on my hit parade. Usually I get into the car crawl into the back seat and fall asleep- then Gary enjoys quiet rides. Generally, I have a pillow that I use to support my facial, arm, chest, back and finally my neck muscles along with loading up on medication to smooth out the drive. This time however I would be faced with my first solo journey in many years, but on the positive side, it was a way of reclaiming part of my independence pre-pain. On the day of the trip the weather was perfect and I always did enjoy being on the open road listening to the radio or an Audio book as the landscape flies past your window. I did have to stop at several rest stops briefly and I did get lost within 25 miles of my final destination but I made it and I truly enjoyed the ride. The weekend was terrific of coarse seeing Brian was the highlight of the trip. Along with visiting with Brian I was able to reconnecting with Madeline, Glenn, Laurie, and Jeff, which was delightful as well; we all gathered at Glenn and Laurie’s house for a delicious dinner and great conversation.
My trip home was just as the trip down but instead of getting lost at the end of my trip I got lost in New Jersey again but then my handy Garmin jumped into service saving the day and getting me on 80West and home.

1 comment:

dontknow said...

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Our kids where both home for a week so that was nice.