Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting on the right medication

Before I begin, I have to say thank God for medication all kinds- dying of a bleeding ulcer just 25 years ago was a possibility then Tagamet was discovered and wam-bam everything changed. There have been so many Psychiatric medications brought to the market in the last 15 years it is unbelievable. Unfortunately, as with all medications getting the right medication in the right dosage is trial and error. The difficult part of this dilemma is the body part you are trying to regulate is the MIND. One minute I was crying non-stop a new medication “Wellbutrin” was added to my cocktail of medication and I stopped crying but became anxious, angry, heart palpitations along with a few more side effects. Therefore, I decreased the dosage by ½ and I am going to be keeping a journal of side effects.

No comments: