Monday, August 18, 2008


If you read my first post you know my morning routine so, let’s jump past that and get to some other things I do during my day.
I want to first explain the picture I included yesterday; I thought having a “photo of the day” would be fun. I hope to add a daily photo from the present and maybe some from my past… yesterday’s picture post was taken the evening before my first post. From my chair I had a perfect view of the full moon, the beauty of the moon, I got my camera and tripod when out to take the picture… you would think that would be an easy task but no, not in this house. I needed to change lenses so I turned on the wall hanging lamp by my chair (almost everything I do revolves around my chair) but the “fricking” lamp would only flicker on for 3 seconds at a time. This is the second lamp I put next to my chair they both end up just flickering on and off … the electrical wiring in the house is maddening. We have a switch in each room that is not connected to anything, granted the house was build in 1929 so it is old but come on all I wanted was to sit in my chair and work with my camera gear! It is a simple thing but it really bugs me!
I resolved the light problem for now; I brought a floor lamp in from another room. I need to hire an electrician to come in and fix the wiring problem in the house. I have a light over the sink that flickers off and on … I know it sounds silly but with the pain I have sometimes just the littlest thing drives me crazy. Why do I have to live in a house with so many things unfinished…. Then I remember a friend who lives in a house that she rents…. she has mice biting her children. She lives in low income housing and has no choice so how can I complain.
Ruth called to say that they could come and put the tile in the kitchen, I was sleeping and Gary was at the LL games today. So I started trying to reach him with the antiquated cell phone at 3pm it is now 4:30, Ruth will leave for the day soon. I have waited over 25 years to get the outdated tile replaced in my kitchen and I just want Gary to pick up the darn phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every year there is something…. Gary just called back; he didn’t hear the 11 missed messages. He is calling Ruth now…. I had to scream on the phone for him to hear me. It is now in Gary’s court… I know that Gary would never ignore my calls, he just can’t hear them. So we will see when I get my tiles! Its 5pm now I can shower.

No comments: