Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I was watching a show on therapy used to help Autistic child learn to speak. I am reminded of when Jenni was very young and would not speak. I could see the words were on the tip of her tongue but the word just did not come. It was so frustrating wanting to understand her needs…do you want water or do you want to play. We would go over a litany of things we thought she wanted but we never knew spot on if we were right. They one day she just started to talk and as we all know she hasn’t stopped. But with the Autistic child on the program, some are 12 years old and can’t communicate how frustrating that must be for those children. They were using dolphins along with speech therapy to motivate the children to talk.
I don’t watch Soap Operas, I try to watch shows that teach me something, mysteries that stretch my mind and shows that make me think.

No comments: