Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just saw Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog .... is a very disturbing movie. How do the people live in such desperate conditions. I am speechless... that people can use children and that the children have no childhood. Everyone wants a piece of them. How do they grow into an adult with any morals at all. But, we have in the West children raised in a household with a mother and father, all the food they need to eat, a good education, but they end up as unhappy- rage filled beings that go to work for Banks or work other influential companies and they spend their days thinking up ways to screw people out of money or to deny medical care to people that need it. The world puzzles me?
People think that if you are a Godly person only good things could happen to you and if you have a hard time well then, you MUST have done something to deserve the crap that has been thrown your way. I have known from an very early age that awful things happen. We grew up hearing of babies dying and people we knew killing themselves.... Dad always said, "life is no bed of roses"... maybe that is how he has gotten through life but I find the entire idea depressing... knowing these things as a kid has affected me more than I know... I find it difficult to be happy. Aunt Ann died another funeral... I am tired about thinking about death. You know- a women that I worked with, into her late 40's before she knew anyone that died- she knew people died but didn't have to deal with it until then... that is a very foreign idea to me. As Dad said, "the world goes on"- nothing stops, I guess I just have to hang on or be left behind.

No comments: