Monday, March 30, 2009

People can be so silly

"March 30, 2009 (Orlando, Fla.) -- It's cheap. It's easy. And in its first big test, it worked.
A "polypill" combining five heart drugs -- three blood-pressure-lowering drugs, a cholesterol-lowering statin drug, and aspirin -- is safe and works as well as any of the medications alone, researchers report...."

I saw this reported on the NEWS and I couldn't believe it, are people that silly "oh, I don't like pills" boo-whoo grow the frack up. I have seen "dialysis" kidney patients take handfulsssssssssssssssssss yes more than just a couple. We are such whiners in this country- grow up! I guess you can tell it makes me mad- that we get upset over such little things. I have had patients that have a difficult time swallowing and there are techniques to help. Taking combination drugs can also be very harmful because what if you start having side effects it is very difficult to then change your medication because which one was it? A doctor I respected, when he got a new patient he would wean them off all meds and then gradually restart what he thought they needed- granted he was taking over from a doctor who because he was an alchoholic over medicated all his patients so the doctor I respected had a reason to err on the side of caution. If you want to read entire article here is the link:
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20090330/five-in-one-pill-may-prevent-heart-disease

No comments: