Monday, October 27, 2008

An interesting conversation

People that know Jimmy Arp will get a laugh out of this... his new girl friend is a friend of Jenna Bush yes the Jenna Bush and he is going to a Halloween Party this weekend at her house in Baltimore!

I have “my chair” in the front room and I am having problems with it so I called Keystone Furniture and they sent a man out to fix it. He arrived and on the TV in the front room CNN was on but muted. Obama was giving some kind of speech- the man fixing my chair said, “Is he your guy”? I answered, “Yes he is”. Just having a conversation of this nature is remarkable to me, not that this man could have an opinion but that he was moved to speak of it to me. He talked about how bad the economy is, I was careful not to be a pushy Democrat. He went on to say that he had voted for Bush and then did some reading about the lies we as a country were feed which lead us to the horrible state the entire country is in now. He was looking for a Republican that could fix our country… Ron Paul was a name he used. Brian said that Paul was very anti-war. I just find it interesting that we as a people in this country are coming together because the Bush Administration so screwed up this country that it crosses over party lines to fix it.

No comments: