Sunday, November 2, 2008

Life is what happens when not looking

I read an old post & want to update... no small feat, Gary lovingly replaced all the plugs and lamps that where bugging me... so THANK YOU DEAR... you did very good. If anyone doubts my sincerity read my second post and you will see the frustration I was feeling before they were fixed.
I have noticed lately on TV, observing how things have changed, things once unthinkable- for example: I was so delighted that there was to be a female announcer doing the stock report, a female using her brain. We saw a cute face on the side line that probably knew sports but was only permitted to do fluff pieces and look pretty. I am watching a doc-o-drama about the Chicago 7- there are NO women interviewed at the time the protest took place, it seems that it was even a MAN's world to hate the way the Nation was being run.Now in 2008 we have women reporting from the floor of the NY Stock Exchange, women in the sports booth with men (not to the degree we should be seeing them), women protesting and running for office to change our government. And concurrent coverage of the women and men running the NY Marathon. I do find this a very funny event because whether my children are aware of it or not, one of the longest running arguments between Gary and I has been one dealing with running a Marathon. For at least 25 years Gary and I discussed whether it is humanly possible for a woman and a man run a Marathon in record setting time. Gary response (as I remember) was that women will never catch up with men. The first woman to run in a marathon occurred as “The "Boston Incident" of 1967.. (and that)… was the spark that ignited the woman's running revolution…”
Women have not been running for thousands of years like men so, women’s bodies my take time to catch up (only my opinion). I think that there will be a time when the human body can only go so fast and even though it may take hundreds of years, I think women will someday be running side by side, the best of each gender and then that will be a race! AND THAT JENNI CAN OUT RUN GARY, ME, AND BRIAN, along with that she finishes!!! Go Jenni… the first woman was only in 1967.

No comments: