Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 23th

It is the 23 of December, Jenni and brain are out visiting Gary’s work, it is 8 degrees outside, there is snow on the ground. It seems Christmas holiday has started because it is quiet outside. We are having pizza tonight- Grandad is coming for dinner if the weather stays drivable. The house is full of decorations and presents. Liz is in Cairo, here are some emails she sent me… “Hi, I am in Cairo now, we arrived last night. I still can't get the damn phone to work and I don't want to waste any time more time on it, so I guess you will have to wait to hear my lovely voice until I get back. Tell Dad the story.
We arrived late last night, what a trip over here, I was exhausted and kept saying to myself that I will never do this again. But today we went to see the pyramids at Giza and the Sphinx, it was amazing. I think I am just going to hang around here tonight do get some rest. This is a very old city and polluted but not as bad as India. All the little Egyptian kids touring groups following us around and saying Hi and giggling, they are cute.
I will try to send an e-mail update every couple of days. Lots of xmas here at the hotel, big xmas tree and 24x7 xmas music, strange.
… I hope all of you are enjoying the holidays, I will catch up with you soon,…..
We are getting along well, there were some strong windstorms today so very sandy. Tomorrow we are going to Alexandria on a tour for the whole day. Glad to get out of the city, not very nice here, just a step above Delhi. The men are very aggressive and say things to that we don't understand, I'm sure sexual.’

No comments: