Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Three cheers for Jenni today... first she made a Buche de Noel, it was her first attempt and it seems that it was a success, second- her team the "Juicy Fruits" won again and they all had a delightful feast on their winning from last week's tournament. Onto Brian... he picked his studio today... he was told that it will be finished soon, when it is I will post a pictures.
I am hoping to invite Grand-dad down for homemade Lasagna tomorrow.
I went to Macy's yesterday and purchased something... I talked with the sales clerk about coupons and sales.... told her I was willing to come back down to get the best deal- it was discussed not just once but many times over the entire conversation, it was a small item and she reassured me I was getting the best deal. But I came home and the flyer said later in the week the item would be 40% off not the 30% that I got. It just makes me mad at myself for not bringing the pamphlet with me to the store and the store clerks for not being aware of what sales will be going on later in the week.
If I had a patient and the family came to me and said, "I want to go home (a plane ride away) how is my mother?" I read her chart and talked with the doctor (which is what I would try to do as a good nurse) and know two days from now she is going to have a surgery that wasn't yet discussed with the family, do I say to the family that today she is great go home, (keeping in mind patients can always just die) or should I say- "I think it would be a good idea to talk to the doctor because he may have scheduled some procedures for your mother and before you make the decision about going home it would be in every one's interest to talk with the doctor." But to just look at what is just in front of you is short sighted. That is just my opinion and I will be going down on the weekend to take advantage of the 40% off!

No comments: