Sunday, December 28, 2008

Liz called

Liz called today from Aswan - an Island which she stayed and could only leave by boat. She is very anxious to leave Egypt and to come to rest in her bed in her own home. The kids would run around chasing her, wanting to kiss her hand because she has such white skin. The men continue to make garish remarks, "don't you feel cold" trying to get Liz to cover up. Then there are people begging them to buy things all the time. Jenni is home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin around 12 hour driving. Now we gear up for New Years then we start all over again with a new beginning. I do look forward to getting more sun light, I hate the darkness. Does anyone have any News Year Resolution, if you do I would love to hear them.
I do have one story that was brought to my attention when I asked for "a story's about a favorite Christmas or Birthday gift".
James reminded me of the Birthday when he had everything "Maple" he had pancakes with maple syrup, then a maple flavored cake with maple flavored frosting. Just thinking about it makes me get a sugar rush- it was a birthday that I will always remember and so does James.

No comments: