Monday, December 8, 2008

Sad News

Time goes so fast, Liz was telling me that Leslie Lessig has breast cancer and that reminds me that Laurie Spies had breast cancer and survived it -she was in her early thirties. People come into our life and their passing marks, at least for me a place in my heart. It is hard to comprehend that Uncle Jerome was only is his fifties when he died and now I am in my fifties. Jerome caused his own death by drinking and not seeking help. When you have a disease thrust upon you, meaning that you have to check up and live a healthy life then you can’t be angry at the results. Some people even eat inappropriately like my dad and get away with it, he is lucky. I know that I didn’t want to have a colonoscopy because Mom had one and she died of something else but they found four polyps and they removed them so maybe just maybe it saved me from colon cancer. Taking care of yourself isn’t fun but if you can have a simple test or change something in your diet, I stopped taking Premarin, or medication maybe I won’t die of what killed Mom- ovarian cancer.

No comments: